Theocracy: a country that is ruled by religious leaders. Enter Donald Trump’s Evangelical Executive Advisory Board. Now, why does a presidential candidate need an Evangelical Executive Advisory Board?
This blogpost is very difficult for me to write. The words just will not come. I cannot understand how we have come to this point where a presidential candidate embraces those pastors and religious leaders who teach and preach that women are inferior in the face of God, in the face of man, and in the face of church and family. This is a man who wants to kick out Muslims, yet embraces those who teach the same concepts of submissiveness toward males.
Here they are listed in the Baptist Standard. There are five Southern Baptist pastors on the list. As we all know, Southern Baptists believe that women must submit to their husbands and must be lead by males in the church and home. There are no women evangelical pastors on this list. The fact that all but one (marginally) are male headship leaders or pastors and that the only woman included once owned an “ex-gay” clinic, tells us much about Donald Trump and the way he would take the nation. In fact, he said, “I am so on your side.”
- Jack Graham, senior pastor of Prestonwood Baptist Church in Plano
- Robert Jeffress, senior pastor of First Baptist Church in Dallas
- James Robison, an evangelist and founder of Life Outreach International in Fort Worth
- Michele Bachman, former congresswoman
- Kenneth and Gloria Copeland of Kenneth Copeland Ministries of Newark, Texas
- James Dobson, former head of Focus on the Family
- Jerry Falwell Jr., president of Liberty University
- Ronnie Floyd, Arkansas pastor and immediate past president of the Southern Baptist Convention
- Richard Land, president of Southern Evangelical Seminary and former president of the SBC Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission
- Robert Morris, pastor of Gateway Church, with campuses across North Texas
- Ralph Reed, founder of the Faith and Freedom Coalition
- Tony Suarez, executive vice president of the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference.
So, there we have it. The birth of a theocracy. A theocracy that prefers males to females.
It is 2016. Just how far are you willing to submit?