“These feminist groups say the Bible diminishes women. GOD! gave you a position comparable to the Holy Spirit! You are EXALTED!” So says the pastor of BBC (Big Baptist Church) in my hometown.
I was wondering what they would say after my book signing event made the newspapers. This pastor’s sermon was on the Trinity, and you see how he managed to diminish God, the Trinity, and women in his sermon.
Pastor, you have misled your congregation. You have been dishonest with them.
1. Women are not EXALTED! When a woman cannot be a deacon, usher, take up the collection, read a bible scripture, say a prayer or teach a mixed group of men and women, she is not EXALTED!
2. Women are denied these positions and it is written the church by-laws what women cannot do.
3. Women are not comparable to the Holy Spirit.
4. The Holy Spirit is not comparable to women.
5. Feminist groups do not say that the Bible diminishes women.
This pastor was talking about me when he spits out feminist groups. We know he was talking about me since you may remember in a previous blog I told you that he wrote me that it would not benefit either of us to discuss anything.
I do not say that the Bible diminishes women. I say that pastors diminish women. Preachers diminish women. Seminary professors diminish women. Women in the congregation who buy into this EXALTED stuff diminish women.
This pastor is guilty of the biggest sin of all. He diminished God.
I believe and teach that the Bible empowers women. You can read about it in my book “Dethroning Male Headship” which, by the way, brought forth the comment by this pastor.
Read for yourself what Christian feminist groups say. This pastor did not say “Christian feminist groups” because when he used the words feminist groups, he diminished Christian groups. Feminists is a dirty word to Christians in the south. He knew that.
Will you promote Christian feminist values? Will you stand up to these pulpit bullies? Will you help educate those who have been influenced by this dishonesty?