I left you with a challenge last Wednesday. I challenged you to go visit a church that you know for sure recognizes women as equal human beings before God.
For those of you who regularly read this blog, you know that this blog is a call to action. For those who do not know that, please read my post “Solitaire or Solidarity.” Also, you are challenged on each blog to get up and do something.
I don’t tell you to do something while I just sit at my computer. For instance, this past week:
- I had a letter to the editor regarding women’s equality published in the Baptist Standard
- I had a letter to the editor “Why we can’t win the war in Afghanistan” (abbreviated version of post) published in my local newspaper
- I had a telephone interview with a religion editor of a newspaper (will let you know if it is published in a few weeks)
- I was contacted by a woman who is writing her dissertation about women in leadership and wants to interview me
- I tried to secure another interview to talk about equality for women, but was not successful
- I attended a church with a female associate pastor
This week I am again asking you do something. I want you to subscribe to the Freedom for Christian Women Coalition newsletter called Five Smooth Stones. Go to www.FreeCWC.com and sign up.
Sow the Wind, Read the Whirlwind is the title of the article written by Jocelyn Andersen for this edition of Five Smooth Stones.
This is how the article begins: More and more people are asking, “Is it legal for state created organizations, such as 501c3 tax exempt corporations, to practice and promote policies of institutional gender discrimination. And courts are concluding that this is, indeed, a valid question.” Read the rest of the article after you sign up to receive the newsletter.
After you have signed up, take the poll and let me know that you are serious in your commitment to help women secure their equality.
No longer just talking about it, but doing something about it.