We come to the table for women’s equality from all parts of the globe, from all backgrounds, and with different preconceived theology. To help us understand who we are and what we bring to the table, work out these questions in your mind. Certainly there are right and wrong conceptions, but I doubt that a roomful of theologians would agree on all points.
- How do you view God?
- What is the basis for your faith?
- Why do you choose to worship God?
- What do you expect of God for yourself?
- What do you expect of God for others? Why would it be, or why is it, different from what you expect for yourself?
- How does a just God relate to his human creation?
- How does a just God relate to his male creation?
- How does a just God relate to his female creation? If God relates differently to his female creation than He does to His male creation, why is that?
- What justification would God give for making His female creation submissive to males? (Knowing that God does not have to justify anything to us).
- What would better benefit the Kingdom of God – Male domination or female submission?
- Why would God choose to love all mankind in the first place?
- Why would God choose to love me? Why would God choose to love you?
- Does that look different because you are male? Does it look different if you are female?
- Is God male? Is God female? Both?
- How do you view God? Has it changed as you thought through these questions?
- Did Jesus change God, or does Jesus reflect God?
“Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing. (Luke 13:34).
This is still part of the series. I ask you to twitter, facebook and email your friends. We are working together, because we cannot do this alone.